Note: This is an older post from 2014.
I’ve been trying to get back into blogging and a friend (Donald Plummer) had started writing about what he learned each week. I will try and make this a regular series of reflecting on what I had learned throughout the week and what I would like to learn.
What I learned this week #
- To use WorkFlowy as a Kanban Calendar to organize myself and what I am doing for the day/ month. I have been using it mostly as a personal organizer and have tried to keep work related projects out of it.
- How to use HTML5
<video>to create a full page video background loop on a site (coming soon on the new portfolio).
- How to setup a preloader that shows up before a page is loaded with jQuery.
- How to make sure adblock plus doesn’t block your CSS file.
What I want to learn #
- How to setup Herkou (on Windows) and deploy my own AngularJS app to it. I have tried this once with no luck.
- How to use MEAN stack and create apps with users, data that saves to the users, and permissions.
- How to use GIT with all command line, or using the SublimeText 2 package.
- How to read articles quicker (speed read).